RapidDevBookCode Build fails on change set 46419

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:43 AM
Hi Jeremy

I downloaded your latest changes for the source code. Thanks very much for all your efforts.
I am assuming that has been updated for LLBLGen Pro 2.6.

When I did a rebuild there was an asembly missing for the Utility.cs class.

using SD.LLBLGen.Pro.DynamicDataSupportClasses; // This one here

Error 112 The type or namespace name 'DynamicDataSupportClasses' does not exist in the namespace 'SD.LLBLGen.Pro' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\he00273\Desktop\LLBLGen Stuff\RapidDevBookCode-46419\AW.Data\Utility.cs 9 22 AW.Data

I am new to llblgen Pro. Any ideas appreciated.

Feb 5, 2009 at 6:57 AM
Doh!!!!!!

Failed to read what you had said at the begining
  • Install the llblgen Pro Demo and llblgen Dynamic Data support add-on and Adventure Works(2005) DB (if you don't already have them)

Ok downloaded and installed the llblgen Dynamic Data support add-on.
    Had a problem with the code signing certficate - sorted that and it the solution build was ok.
    Executed it briefly and it ran ok. Did not check it out to much though.

My purpose in looking at this project is the more working examples the better.
    I have the documnentation a little hard to digest once one gets past the simpler stuff.
    My areas of concern are

• Dependency Injection and Inversion of Control
    • How one uses a context

I am still trying to get my head around these

• Coordinator
    Feb 5, 2009 at 10:59 AM
    For a Dependency Injection example see the Validation example for both ASP.NET and Windows Forms I have never seen an working example of the context - you best bet is to troll through the llblgen forums. Ive not used either.
    llblgen is a bit short of working examples which is why I started this project.
    Feb 6, 2009 at 1:52 AM

Thanks I see that you updated the validation but probably have not used Dependancy Injection.

>>Validation has been completely reworked and is now specified using System.ComponentModel.DataAnnotations

I will check it out 

>>Validation example for both ASP.NET and Windows Forms

I am currently going through the example

>>Ive not used either.

If you are regular user of LLBLGen Pro then possibly they are not so important then.